Imali smo izuzetnu čast da budemo organizatori druge Women in Data Science (WiDS) konferencije u Subotici, koja se ove godine održala u online formatu i okupila pet fantastičnih žena predavača i preko 100 gledalaca.
It was our pleasure to be the organizers of the second Women in Data Science (WiDS) conference in Subotica, which was done in an online format this year and which gathered five amazing women speakers in Data Science and over 100 participants.
The Women in Data Science (WiDS) initiative aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and support women in the field. WiDS started as a conference at Stanford in November 2015. Now, WiDS includes a global conference, with 150+ regional events worldwide including a datathon (encouraging participants to hone their skills) and a podcast (featuring leaders in the field talking about their work, and their journeys).
All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which feature outstanding women within the DS community. WiDS Subotica welcomes anyone with an interest in DS. The goal is to promote DS, exchange knowledge and create a DS community among women. We are fully inclusive and respectful of LGBT identities and are welcome anyone interested in the field of DS.
Our speakers and presentations:
- Agnieszka Kamińska: A secret weapon of DS projects. The importance of feature preprocessing on the example of human brain research (download the presentation)
- Željana Grbović: Wheat ear automatic detection and counting in RGB and thermal images using deep learning (download the presentation)
- Bojana Soro: Content intelligence that informs content optimisations (download the presentation)
- Tijana Blagojev: Coding, Tool for Assisting Media Policy Development (download the presentation)
- Maria Knorps: Challenges of “small data”
Special „Thank You“ to our WiDS ambassador and event coordinator:
Tatjana Kecojević is a Data Scientist with a doctorate in Statistics from the University of Manchester. She is the founder and director of SisterAnalyst.org, an organisation aiming to empower women from a diverse range of backgrounds through data literacy. In addition to that she is supporting women in STEM related activities, and is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture by developing initiatives supporting all underrepresented groups within the DS community.